Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The FedEx Beginning

Eric from New Jersey sent this quote to me today:

"I'm reading a case on FedEx where its founder is quoted as saying its about the early years: "The biggest asset we had going for us was our naivete. God takes care of fools, you know."


My thoughts:

I believe we can learn a lot from one sentence and this is one of them. It seems evident that the greatest success stories in history all share a few salient elements. For one- Naivete. I posted some quotes in a blog titled: "Going from Good to Great" (September 6, 2008), where the CEO of Fannie Mae, David Maxwell, is quoted:

"Look, I don't really know where we should take this bus. But I know this much: If we get the right people on the bus, the right people in the right seats, and the wrong people off the bus, then we'll figure out how to take it someplace great." (pg.41, Good to Great, by Jim Collins)

I can't stress this enough. You do not have to know every step of the way. You just have to know where you want to go.

Make Miracles Happen

No comments: